Had a crazy weekend? Our asari miso soup is the absolute perfect cure for hangovers.
Miso is high in sodium content, which will help your body retain water lost from the day before. Minerals and vitamins lost the night prior through dehydration can be replenished through a serving of miso soup which is packed with these nutrients.
Like all clams, asari clams contain an amino acid, ornithine, which enhance liver function and detoxify harmful substances.
- 1/3 pack of soft tofu
- 200g asari clams
- 400mL dashi soup*
- 30mL miso
- Optional toppings: wakame and green onion
- Cut tofu into small cubes and chop green onions into small pieces
- Clean out the sand from the asari clams. (TIP: You can do this by soaking clams in a bowl of fresh water 30 mins prior to cooking)
- Boil asari clams in the dashi ushing medium heat
- After clams are cooked, turn the heat down to low and add in tofu and wakame (quantity as you see fit)
- Slowly mix in miso
- Serve into small bowls and garnish with green onions
Need some small bowls for your Japanese soups?
Check out our small soup bowls in various colours and materials - all-natural wood, or ceramic. Each set comes with a set of 2 or 4, you'll definitely be able to find the perfect one!
* Can't find dashi at your location? Check out our blog on Japanese ingredient substitutes: HERE