Ramen Salad Recipe
Ramen salad is a cold dish originating from the northern Japanese region, Hokkaido. A perfect dish for the summer, it combines salad and chilled ramen noodles together. This dish has more vegetables than ramen and is considered more of a salad dish than ramen. This dish is widely available in izakayas all over Hokkaido.
Want to learn how to make this super easy cold ramen salad? Let’s get started!
- 100g Ramen noodles*
- 30g Lettuce
- 5 pieces mini tomatoes
- 1 Boiled Egg
- 1 Cucumber
- 4 Baby Corns
- 2 Strips Chicken Breast or other protein (Leave out for vegetarian option)
- 2 TBSP Mayonnaise
- 2 TBSP Sesame Oil
- 2 TBSP Ground Sesame seeds
- 2 TBSP Soy sauce
- 2 TBSP Sugar
- 2 TBSP Vinegar
- Rip lettuce into bite-sizes
- Cut mini tomatoes into 4’s
- Slice cucumbers
- Boil chicken breast slices (TIP: Putting it into the microwave before boiling ensures that the inside of the chicken will be cooked thoroughly)
- Shred chicken breast into strips by hand
- Boil egg and cut into 4’s
- Boil noodle according to package directions
- Combine sesame dressing ingredients (Feel free to substitute this for ready-made or other types of dressing)
- Place prepared lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, noodles, eggs and shredded chicken breast strips into a bowl. Drizzle dressing on top.
Looking for the perfect bowl to toss your salad?
Check out our deep, large salad bowls. Its large size ensures your salad stays inside the bowl while you are tossing it! Perfect for keeping cold foods cold and hot foods hot, you'll want this in your kitchen!
Good Things to Put in Ramen: How to Create a High Quality Bowl of Ramen
Leave a comment